Saturday, August 16, 2008

About this blog...


So hopefully everyone has enjoyed the little website we put together about Makayla! But it is time to move on to bigger and better things! This blog will allow all of us to interact and share our thoughts, feelings, ideas, updates or anything else.
We will continue to update this blog with the Weekly Belly Shots, that everyone seems to enjoy, and continue to use it to keep everyone in touch with what is going on with the Thomas'!

My pregnancy has been really nice so far. No morning sickness, or any of the typically or abnormal symptoms. The first trimester I experienced the normal tiredness, but got that super shot of energy in the second trimester. My weight gain has been pretty smooth so far too...since I am 3 and 1/2 year post op of my gastric bypass surgery (GB), food hasn't been an issue at all! I only seem to need a little extra small meal/snack then I did before. I am totally in love with fruit, so that myth about craving fruit means your having a girl, must be true! At 25 weeks I have only gained 16 pounds, so that is pretty cool. However I am facing a small challenge about the glucose screening test for gestational diabetes (GD). It seems that gastric bypass mom's get super sick from that test, so my OBGYN and I are researching alternatives. But we are both confident that I do not have GD.

So we hope you can enjoy this blog! Feel free to subscirbe so you know when new things are happening here. And please leave comments, say hello, anything you feel!

Ciao for now!